29 May 2013
Electronic Launch of the Global Social Service Workforce Alliance
The School of Social Work of the University of Monmouth, USA, is inviting to the electronic launch of the Global Social Service Workforce Alliance. The Alliance promotes knowledge and evidence, resources and tools, and political will and action needed to address key social service workforce challenges.
During the one-hour webinar, people will have the opportunity to learn more about the Alliance, hear about the importance of this initiative to support those who work with vulnerable children and families and discover how you can become involved in ways that best fit your current personal, professional and organizational situation.
The Alliance vision is to work toward a world where a well-planned, well-trained and well-supported social service workforce effectively delivers services that improve the lives of vulnerable populations. In short, our aim is: improve the workforce, improve lives.
To realize this vision, we need potential Alliance members like you to join and to engage with leaders and colleagues to help strengthen the workforce through advancing knowledge, exploring shared issues and promising practices and becoming strong advocates. In practice, this means:
- Connecting with others facing similar challenges
- Contributing your best ideas and best practices to address these challenges
- Learning about creative initiatives being undertaken by others
- Joining with others to advocate for needed changes and resources at both the global and country levels
- Being part of a global movement to strengthen this key workforce
- Increasing your impact, amplifying your voice.